200 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING AT YOGA IN THE CENTER With satyam yoga school
Are you ready for the next step of your yoga journey?
We are excited to announce we will be offering a 200-hour Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Training starting January 2016!
- This 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training program meets the requirements of the Yoga Alliance. Upon successful completion or the program, you will be qualified to register with Yoga Alliance as a 200RYT!
- In-depth training co-lead by Kate Towell, Kim Taylor (Ganga), and Carrie Wallace (all certified with Yoga Alliance as a 500RYT, E-RYT 200).
- Weekend immersions will be held one weekend per month for 6 months. We will also meet one evening during the week, twice per month.
- Your teaching certification will be based in Hatha and Vinyasa styles of yoga with a secondary focus on Yin/Restorative techniques.
- The training will include study and practice of the Asana, Pranayama, meditation, anatomy and physiology, the energy body, history of yoga, yoga philosophy, teaching methodology, Ayurveda and more.
- Small Class Size – Training is limited to 15 people to provide lots of one-on-one support, guidance, and mentorship before, during and after the training
The 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training program meets the requirements of the national Yoga Alliance and provides training in the foundational principles of teaching and living yoga including:
Techniques Training and Practice – 100 Hours
- Detailed Asana Breakdown – including alignment, modifications, contraindications, counter pose, variations and use of props.
- Teaching Pranayama
- Understanding and Teaching bandhas
- Meditation, Mantra, Mudra and Kriyas
- Weekend Asana and Meditation Practices
- Establishing a home practice
Applied Anatomy and Physiology and the Energy Body – 20 Hours
- Anatomy of Yoga Asana
- Benefits & contraindications for all techniques
- Addressing common injuries
- Structural alignment
- The Energy Body – Chakras, Koshas, Nadis, Gunas and the Vayus
Teaching Methodology – 25 Hours
- Sequencing and Class Planning
- Finding Your Voice
- Developing Your Eye
- Safe and Supportive Assists
- Cultivating Your Authentic Style
- Business of Teaching Yoga
- Taking your Seat as a Teacher
Philosophy, Lifestyle & Special Topics – 30 Hours
- History and Evolution of the Eight Limbed Path
- Introduction to Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Introduction to the Sacred Texts and Tantra
- The Science of Ayurveda
- Teaching Special Populations
- Yin and Restorative Yoga
- Yoga Teaching Lifestyle and Ethics
Practicum – 15 Hours
- Practice teaching exercises individually and in small groups
- Observing and Giving and receiving feedback
- Design & teach a full yoga class using your own style
Home Study & Electives – 20 Hours
- Monthly homework assignments
- Observe 3 yoga classes
- Create and teach 3 free classes and summarize your class and experience
- Complete one seva (volunteer) project and summarize your experience
Early Bird Discount: $2,900 (paid in full by December 1, 2015)
Cost after December 1st: $3,300
Payment Options (payment plans available):
- Deposit: $500 (due upon registration to reserve space)
- Monthly payment plan: Four monthly payments of $700 after the $500 deposit staring January 15, 2016
- Pay on line or at the studio
Aside from instruction, your tuition includes:
- Training manual
- Free one-on-one Ayurveda session with Kate ($125 value)!
- Option to purchase discounted classes at Yoga in the Center! $12/class ($18 value) or $90/month unlimited ($130 value)!
Structure & Training Dates
Our training is held over the course of a 6-month period and includes one weekend intensive per month plus 10 evening classes (approximately two evening classes per month). All weekend intensives and evening classes will be held at Yoga in the Center (Mill Creek, Washington).
- Fri. 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Sat. 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Sun. 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
- January 15 - 17
- February 19 - 21
- March 4 - 6
- April 22 - 24
- May 13 - 15
- June 10 - 12
For additional details email Kate Towell at firstname.lastname@example.org