Facilitated by: Judi McGee Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher & HypnoBirthing® Child Birth Educator
Dates: Monday Nights
December 4th, 11th, 18th, January 8th & 15th
Next Session Dates: TBD
Location: Yoga in the Center
Class and Cost Options:
$275: HypnoBirthing® 5 weekly 2 1/2 hours session and course materials
Refund Policy: Cancelled registrations are only eligible for a refund (minus $25 processing fee) up to 7 days prior to 1st session
Experience a gentler childbirth. The HypnoBirthing® Childbirth method is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing, and stress-free method of birthing. HypnoBirthing® teaches you, along with your birthing companion, the art and joy of experiencing birth in a more comfortable manner. You will learn to call upon your body’s own natural relaxant and thus lessen or eliminate discomfort and the need for medication. When a woman is properly prepared for childbirth and when mind and body are in harmony, nature is free to function in the same will-designed manner that it does with all other creatures
HypnoBirthing® teaches you to release all prior programming about birth, how to trust your body and work with it, as well as how to free yourself of harmful emotions that lead to pain-causing fear and unyielding muscles.
HypnoBirthing® will teach you the art of using your own natural birthing instincts. With HypnoBirthing®, you will be aware and fully in control, but profoundly relaxed.
What you will learn:
- Teaches deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension and, thus, pain
- Greatly reduces and often eliminates the need for chemical painkillers and drugs
- Shortens the first phase of labor
- Leaves mother alert, fresh, awake and with energy
- Helps keep oxygen supplied to baby during birthing
- Reduces the need for an episiotomy
- Reduces and often eliminates fatigue during labor
- Empowers parents with techniques to achieve a gentle, calm birth for themselves and their baby
- Gives the birthing companion an integral role in the birthing
- Embraces the concept of pre-birth parenting
- Teaches breathing techniques that allow a woman to gently breathe her baby into the world without the violence of hard, physical pushing.
Topics covered will include:
- Feeding - Breast milk and formula
- Diapering - Disposable and cloth
- Calming baby: Learn the 5 S’s, What to do when you’re getting close to your limit
- Baby wearing: Bjorn, Ergo, Moby, and more
- Getting baby to bed: Swaddling and safe sleep
- Mapping out your day: How to find time to eat, Catching your own z’s, Managing baby when you are by yourself
- Finding resources to survive and thrive in parenthood: Finding Parent-Baby Groups; Connecting with local support groups
- Staying active: Stroller Strides, postnatal yoga, & other options
Parents and caregivers who complete this class will gain confidence in their new roles. All sections will be hands-on with plenty of practice time. The intimate setting of this class will allow plenty of time for questions. Have a newborn at home but hoping to learn more childcare skills? Babes in arms are welcome.
In preparation for the birth of our first child, my husband Drew and I enrolled in Judi's HypnoBirthing class hosted at Yoga in the Center yoga studio. I thought the course was excellent and partnered well with our plan for a drug-free home birth. The coursework thoroughly educated us on the many paths a birth experience can take and how to navigate the journey with calm and confidence. Drew was empowered to take a very active role not only in birth, but also in the preparation and those very early bonding days after.
Many in the class had different birth expectations/goals. Judi guided us through these differences and taught us not only to embrace how our birth story would be told, but to listen openly and without judgement to others. This was especially helpful being our first time. We learned a lot from the stories, desires and fears shared in the coursework and those of our fellow class participants. Most importantly we learned to be open and ready for anything.
We labored at home for over 29 hours with our midwifery team. The midwifery resources, in addition to the skills learned in class really helped provide both Drew and I with a comprehensive "toolkit" for confidently navigating the entire journey, especially those 29 beautiful hours. The most memorable part was our baby's peaceful and composed entry into both of our arms. We were so enamored by baby's content expression, looking directly at us through wide alert eyes, that we forgot to look at the gender for quite some time after birth. Our GIRL was born at home, healthy and happy, at 41.1 weeks.