Ayurveda and Yoga for Your Best Night’s Sleep
According to Ayurveda, sleep is one of the main pillars of health, and is considered to be as important as diet in maintaining health and balance in the body, mind and spirit. So many of us have trouble falling asleep, staying asleep and feeling rested upon waking. An estimated 50 million Americans have some type of sleep disorder and numerous studies have shown the link between health and a restful night's sleep. Not getting adequate sleep affects your energy, your mood, your focus, your immune system and your overall sense of wellbeing.
This workshop teaches you an Ayurvedic approach to managing sleep though asana, pranayama, marma therapy (gentle acupressure) and simple bedtime rituals. Explore the tools you need to help you relax and have a better night's sleep.
Some topics we will discuss:
- Discuss why we have so much trouble falling and staying a sleep
- Understand Ayurveda’s view on insomnia
- Understand the Ayurvedic clock, right timing and how to align with healthy rhythms
- Embody a short practice to align your body, breath and mind to a good nights rest
- Learn how to fall back to sleep if you wake up in the night
- Get practical tips and tools that prepare your body and mind for a full night’s sleep
The wisdom that Ayurveda has to offer on sleep is life changing, taking us from restless to restful nights.
Hope to see you there!
Date: Saturday, May 5th
Time: 2:00 - 5:00 pm
Refund Policy: Cancelled registrations are only eligible for a refund (minus $10 processing fee) up to five days prior to workshop date.
Instructor: Kate Towell