Yoga Nidra Teacher Training and Immersion
During this training students learn how to teach yoga nidra, a form of guided meditation practiced in a comfortable and supportive reclined position.
While yoga nidra may appear simple and straightforward from the outside, there is a lot more going on than meets the eye. This training guides you through the layers of yoga nidra and provides you with substantial support in developing your authentic voice as a teacher.
You will earn 25 hours (15 classroom + 10 home study) of continuing education and a certificate of completion to teach yoga nidra. The training is not limited to yoga teachers. It can also be useful for healers, caregivers, and service providers who would like to add a mindfulness tool to their repertoire.
It will be helpful to read a description of yoga nidra and Samantha's experience, http://samanthameditation.weebly.com/.
Facilitated by: Samantha, an E-RYT 500
Registration closed - class is full
Dates and times:
- Friday April 27, 5-8 pm
- Saturday April 28, 9 am-6pm, with a one hour lunch break
- Sunday April 29, 9 am-2 pm, with a one hour lunch break
- Students must attend the entire weekend to receive certification or pay $65/hour to make-up missed content during private sessions
- Cost includes instruction, training manual, one-hour mentoring session, feedback on practice teaching and homework, and a certificate of completion
Refund Policy: Cancelled registrations are only eligible for a refund (minus $25 processing fee) prior to March 16, 2018
Group size: Class size is limited to 12 to ensure significant attention and mentoring. There are currently 1 spot left in this training (as of 3/26/18).
Location: Yoga in the Center, Mill Creek Town Center
15 hours of classroom curriculum covers:
- What is Yoga Nidra
- Benefits of Yoga Nidra
- Koshas and Chakras
- Structuring a class
- Use of gentle movement and props to aid in reclining comfortably
- Role of the teacher
- Discovering your voice and unique message
- Refining your voice via tone, pace, use of silence, meditation, and journaling
- Using channeling, music, and silence to create deeper journeys
- Importance of personal meditation and reflection practices
- Practice teaching
- Importance of word choices so as to lead in a way that is gentle, inclusive and respectful of diverse experiences and realities
- Yoga nidra and social justice
- Practice teaching
- Participation in Yoga Nidra
10 hours are to be completed within six months of training:
- 1 hour private mentoring session with Samantha to discuss personal voice, intentions, challenges, and guidance for at-home practices to support your teaching
- 5 hours of homework activities
- 4 hours of practice teaching to any audience
Cost includes instruction, training manual, mentoring session, feedback on practice teaching and homework, and a certificate of completion.
Upon completion of training students will receive quarterly emails from Samantha with yoga nidra insights and teaching tips, and be invited to free quarterly mentoring conference calls.
Registration is closed - class is full