Yoga Nidra Teacher Training and Immersion
Every person has the potential to be a powerful support to others by sharing sincere messages from the heart. Every being can learn to connect with universal teachings and transform this wisdom into healing individual and group meditations. During this training, students will learn how to teach Yoga Nidra, a form of guided meditation practiced in a comfortable and supportive reclined position.
Yoga Nidra allows the body, mind, and nervous system to enter into a state of deep rest and relaxation, thus giving space for inner wisdom and guidance to emerge through guided dreamlike meditations filled with soothing imagery, calming music, and long moments of silence. Yoga Nidra facilitates joy and healing at the deepest levels in a peaceful and nurturing way. Yoga Nidra is a precious inner retreat, during which students enjoy quiet moments of reflection and lots of time to simply be. Yoga Nidra is accessible and appropriate for persons of any age, ability, and level of experience; no skill in yoga or meditation is necessary to benefit from the practice.
For current or soon-to-be yoga teachers, this training will provide 25 hours of continuing education credits and certification to teach Yoga Nidra. However, this training is not limited to yoga teachers. It will be a wonderful immersion for anybody interested in deepening their own meditation practice and understanding of yogic philosophy. It will also be a lovely experience for healers, caregivers, and service providers of any kind who would like to add a powerful tool to their repertoire. All who are interested are welcome!
Facilitated by: This training is taught by Samantha, an E-RYT 500 who specializes in Yoga Nidra and who has developed her approach to Yoga Nidra over 15 years of dedicated study, practice, and teaching. Her unique approach emphasizes: 1) the holding of simple, safe, welcoming space for individuals to be at ease and experience shifts that make a difference in their lives, 2) the sharing of the heartfelt, authentic, unscripted voice of the teacher, and 3) the notion that we are all beings of joy who, at any moment, may be guided home to our true state of happiness.
Dates and times: COMING 2018 - check back in winter 2017
- Friday TBD 5-8pm
- Saturday TBD 10am-5pm, with a one hour lunch break from 1-2
- Sunday TBD 10am-5pm, with a one hour lunch break from 1-2
- Students must attend the entire weekend to receive certification
Cost: $275 early bird by TBD, $325 after
- Cost includes instruction, training manual, one-hour mentoring session, feedback on practice teaching and homework, and a certificate of completion
Group size: Limited to 15 to ensure significant attention and mentoring
Location: Yoga in the Center, Mill Creek Town Center
- 15 hours of classroom instruction including:
- What is Yoga Nidra
- Benefits of Yoga Nidra
- Detailed explanation of the Koshas and Chakras
- Structuring a class
- Use of gentle movement and props to aid in reclining comfortably
- Role of the teacher
- Discovering your voice and unique message
- Refining your voice via tone, pace, use of silence, meditation, and journaling
- Using channeling, music, and silence to create deeper journeys
- Importance of personal meditation and reflection practices
- Practice teaching
- Participation in Yoga Nidra led by Samantha
- 10 hours of other activities to be completed within three months of training:
- 1 hour private mentoring session with Samantha to discuss personal voice, intentions, challenges, and guidance for at-home practices to support being a yoga nidra teacher
- 1 hour of observing a Yoga Nidra class taught by Samantha
- 5 hours of homework activities provided by Samantha
- 3 hours of practice teaching to any audience
- Students must complete all activities to receive certification; options will be provided to those from outside of the Puget Sound region who require virtual mentoring and observation